Learners: explains the workflow you will follow to complete a Group Project Assignment. To ensure the best experience possible, please follow our Basic System Requirements.
When using Bongo in Firefox 70 within an iframe or private window, screenshare will not work. If you have already updated to Firefox 70 you can do 1 of 2 things:
- Access your assignment within Chrome
- If you are using Individual or Group Project in an iframe, you can right click in the Bongo window and from the pop-up menu, select This Frame > Open in a new window/tab (also ensure that this window/tab is not in private mode)
If you are using Virtual Classroom in Firefox 70, screenshare will not be impacted unless your window is in private mode.
Learn more about Group Project here.
Completing a Group Project is a great way to build your time management and collaboration skills. The steps below* outline how to complete this type of assignment.
*Depending on how your instructor has set up your assignment, you may not see some of the steps below.
If you used a previous version, note that you will no longer be able to sync slides to your presentation after recording or uploading. In the new workflow, you'll display your presentation on your desktop, then simultaneously record your webcam and desktop while giving your presentation. Click here for instructions.
For a preview of this workflow, view the video below. Please note, there is no voiceover for this video.
Before any group project starts, groups must be formed. Groups are created 3 ways:
- Instructor Formed: The instructor creates the groups.
- Learner Formed*: You select your own group.
- System Formed*: You submit the days and times you are available. The system then places you into a group based on availability.
*You must form a group or enter availability by a certain deadline. Otherwise, the instructor will manually place you into a group.
|Once you have a group, can use the Chat feature (in the top right hand corner) to communicate. This is a great way to discuss milestones and potential meeting times.|
Click the plus icon within the Work in Progress section, then select Milestone. Add in the title, target date/time, and owner for your milestone. This will help you and your group members keep the project on course.
Examples: first meeting scheduled, video submission deadlines, completed visual aids
You and your group members can add individually recorded videos. This can be done in two ways:
- Record directly in tool: Record your portion of the project within the tool itself, giving you options to record your webcam and/or your desktop. We recommend this option to get the most out of Bongo!
- Upload Video: Upload videos from your device, or from one of the following cloud storage platforms: Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox. Maximum video file size is 20GB. The acceptable formats are: asf, avi, flv, m4v, mov, mp4, m4a, 3gp, 3g2, mj2, wmv, mpg, mpeg, wma, mod, mp3, mts, qt, f4v, m2v, wepm, ogv, mxf, vob. Bongo offers unlimited cloud storage.
Once all video content is added, your group can combine videos into one cohesive presentation.
You can also schedule a meeting with our web conferencing tool, Virtual Classroom. You will have access to Virtual Classroom communication and presentation tools. These virtual meetings can also be recorded and submitted to the assignment.
Files and links can also be submitted. Max file size is 100MB. Allowed file types: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, pdf, txt, rtf, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, zip, ppt, pptx
If you need to submit an unsupported file type, put the file(s) in a zip folder to upload.
Once you are ready, your group needs to submit the assignment.
Please note, only one video (can be a combined video) can be submitted.
Group Member Review
If enabled by your instructor, you can anonymously review your group members (via 5-star ratings or rubrics, with the ability to comment).
If your instructor requires peer review, you will review projects from other groups.