Learners: explains the workflow you will follow to complete a Group Assignment. To ensure the best experience possible, please follow our Basic System Requirements.
Learn more about Creating a Group Assignment here.
Completing a Group Assignment is a great way to build your collaboration skills. The steps below outline how to complete this type of assignment. ** CLICK CONTINUE TO GET STARTED **
To view the workflows for each feature, click on the accordion below to expand the instructions. Depending on how your instructor has set up your assignment, you may not see all of the listed features.
Before any group assignment starts, groups must be formed. Groups are created 3 ways:
- Instructor Formed: The instructor creates the groups. You will not be able to enter the assignment until placed into a group by your instructor.
- Learner Formed: You select your own group; click join to join the group you'd like to participate in.
- System Formed: The system will randomly place you into a group.
Once you have a group, can use the Chat feature (in the top right hand corner) to communicate. This is a great way to discuss milestones and potential meeting times.
Click the plus icon within the Work in Progress section, then select Milestone. Add in the title, target date/time, and owner for your milestone. This will help you and your group members keep the assignment on course.
Examples: first meeting scheduled, video submission deadlines, completed visual aids
You and your group members can add individually recorded videos. This can be done in two ways:
- Record directly in tool: Record your portion of the presentation within the tool itself, giving you options to record your webcam and/or your desktop. If your assignment does not require video, you can also choose to record your audio only. We recommend this option to get the most out of Bongo!
- Upload Video: Upload videos from your device, or from one of the following cloud storage platforms: Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox. Maximum video file size is 20GB. The acceptable formats are: asf, avi, flv, m4v, mov, mp4, m4a, 3gp, 3g2, mj2, wmv, mpg, mpeg, wma, mod, mp3, mts, qt, f4v, m2v, wepm, ogv, mxf, vob. Bongo offers unlimited cloud storage.
Once all video content is added, your group can combine videos into one cohesive presentation.
You can also schedule a meeting with our web conferencing tool, Virtual Classroom. You will have access to Virtual Classroom communication and presentation tools. These virtual meetings can also be recorded and submitted to the assignment. PLEASE NOTE: WHEN SCHEDULING A VIRTUAL MEETING IN INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT AND GROUP ASSIGNMENT, YOU WILL NEED TO SCHEDULE THE MEETING AT LEAST 5 MINUTES OUT.
Files and links can also be submitted. Max file size is 100MB. Allowed file types: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, pdf, txt, rtf, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, zip, ppt, pptx
If you need to submit an unsupported file type, put the file(s) in a zip folder to upload.
Once you are ready, your group needs to submit the assignment.
Please note, only one video (can be a combined video) can be submitted.
If your instructor requires peer review, you will review presentations from other groups.