Explains how to launch & end Virtual Classroom meetings.
- Users completely new to Virtual Classroom may want to read the general overview here. Also, please be sure to review our Basic System Requirements, Bandwidth Requirements and Common Troubleshooting Solutions.
- Before entering the meeting, we recommend reviewing the quick tips and session management instructions located on the meeting lobby page.
- If you are experiencing network issues or poor performance, you can disable webcams being displayed to you in Virtual Classroom Settings.
Once your scheduled Virtual Classroom meeting time arrives, you will launch the meeting. Moderators can actually enter meetings 10 minutes early to get started before others arrive.
On desktop, Firefox and Chrome are the supported browsers for Virtual Classroom sessions. On mobile, Safari can be used as well for most functionality. For more details, see our article on Browser Compatibility.
Navigate to the Scheduled Meetings page or the Assignment for which the meeting is scheduled (learners).
To begin your meeting, click the vertical ellipsis (additional options button) to the right of the meeting name.
This will open up the Meeting Lobby page.
- Other participants will not be able to enter the meeting room until you do. Be sure to review the Quick Tips and Session Management instructions prior to entering the meeting space.
- Once you’ve reviewed the Lobby Page guidelines and your meeting is ready to begin, click Enter Meeting Room.
Be sure to review the features available to you in Virtual Classroom.
If you are the moderator, you have the option to end the meeting.
Click the vertical ellipsis in the top right corner of the Virtual Classroom page.
Select End Meeting. This will end the meeting for all participants. If you want the participants to have the option to stay in the meeting space, you can select Leave.