As much as possible, try to submit your assignment prior to the due date to avoid last-minute technical issues.
Our supported browsers are Chrome, Firefox or the newest version of Microsoft Edge (Chromium). If one is not working, try another. For a full list of browser compatibility with our features, click here.
Be sure to allow browser permissions. Within Chrome, sometimes the permissions window is off-screen, so you may need to move the browser window until you see it.
Also, you may need to adjust the permissions settings within your browser for the camera or microphone.
- For Chrome, in Settings > Privacy and Security > Site Settings, select Camera or Microphone. Set the default camera or microphone you want to use in the dropdown selector. You will need to reshare your webcam or audio for the correct device to be used.
- For Firefox, you select the camera and microphone when sharing. If you did not select "remember setting" during the share, just unshare your webcam or microphone and reshare using the correct webcam or microphone. If you selected the remember setting, you will need to change that by going into Preferences, and Privacy & Security. Under Permissions, select Camera or Microphone settings. This will show the websites that have requested your camera or microphone. You will need to remove the Bongo server with the wrong camera/microphone, and then go back and reshare your webcam or audio in Virtual Classroom.
If you are experiencing issues with activating the Bongo recorder because the recorder is unable to access either the camera, microphone or screen-share, try using the Standalone Recorder! This will allow users to work around browser permission issues when accessing Bongo through an embedded environment.
System Privacy Solutions
If your computer currently uses Mac OSX 10.15 “Catalina” or newer, you need to explicitly allow your browsers to record your screen in order to use Screen Share in Virtual Classroom and Video Assessments. This permission will only need to be accepted once.
- When you open screensharing in Virtual Classroom or a Video Assignment, you will see a dialog like this one:
- Select “Open System Preferences"
- In the menu on the left, scroll down and click on Screen Recording.
- In the window on the right, make sure the box next to your browser is checked.
- Quit and re-open your browser to apply the changes, and your system will now allow screenshare in Virtual Classroom.
If you are still experiencing issues, you can Submit a request.