Demonstrates the workflow of Bongo's Auto Analysis™ feature, and explains how Evaluators can view the reports for their Learners. Depending on the organization’s membership with Bongo, this may be a premium feature.
About Auto Analysis™
Auto Analysis™ is an automated reporting feature that provides deeper insight into an individual’s performance and progress. By generating metrics like rate of speech, speech clarity, and use of filler words, Auto Analysis™ gives the presenter a better sense of what to focus on and helps the evaluator provide more targeted feedback.
Auto Analysis™ is currently available to all learner's videos submitted to Individual Project assignments. It works with the following spoken languages: English, Dutch, French, Canadian French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Encourages Repeated Practice—Individuals can view their analysis before submitting an Individual Assignment, giving them a chance to continuously self-assess, practice, and improve.
- Enhances Review Process—Auto Analysis helps evaluators identify potential problem areas faster and provides metrics that can serve as an additional layer of assessment.
- Enables Better Feedback—Evaluators can use data from the auto-generated report to make their feedback more targeted and actionable.
- Builds Critical Skills—The Auto Analysis process helps individuals develop skills like communication and critical thinking that are crucial to lifelong success.
- Auto Analysis™ automatically transcribes all Individual Project videos and analyzes them for rate of speech, speech clarity, and use of filler words.
- Instructors can also specify Key Terms to measure how often content-related terms (such as industry terminology, vocabulary terms, and brand names) are said.
- It compiles this data into an easy-to-read report that learners can use for reflection before they decide to re-record or submit their video.
- These reports contain delivery ratings (and content ratings, if enabled) that evaluators can use for reference in the assessment process.
- Evaluators can also elect whether to include a numerical score with the color-based rating.
To access a learner's Auto Analysis™ report, first, navigate to the grade book and find the appropriate submission then click Grade Student Submission.
Next to the student's video, click the Auto Analysis™ icon. Note: if you do not see the icon, you may need to turn on Auto Analysis™ within the assignment configurations.
From here, you can review the Auto Analysis™ report for the learner. By default, the report will measure clarity, filler words, and speaking rate to create a Delivery rating.
If Key Terms are enabled, the report will display an additional rating for Content based on how well the learner met the specified targets for those terms. The ratings for Delivery and Content will be combined to create an overall rating.
Click the image below to view larger.
This report provides a fantastic snapshot of how the learner delivered their message. There are several ways you can interact with this report:
- You can download a transcript in the form of a text file for the video.
- The individual ratings for each of the delivery metrics - clarity, filler words, and speaking rate, are located above the transcript. The metrics are accompanied by gauges so users can get a quick visualization of where they fall for each metric. Numerical scoring can be turned on or off within the assignment's settings. The default is “off”.
- Highlighting of top words and phrases, filler words and unclear words on the transcript are toggled by a drop-down menu.
- Clicking on words in this list will show the user where they appear in the transcript. This list does not include stop words, which are small common words such as “the”, “a”, and “and”.
Instructors can set Key Terms with the desired frequency that they want their learners to use in their video submissions within the settings of Individual Project. These Key Terms are used to generate a Content rating that is presented in the Auto Analysis™ report in addition to the Delivery rating.
Click the image below to view larger.
- If Auto Analysis™ numerical scores are enabled, you will see a delivery score, a content score, and a combined score at the top of the report. If numerical scores are disabled, only the gauges will be shown, and no combined numerical scores will be shown.
- If Key Terms are configured, you will have one more option in the Auto Analysis™ report drop-down for Key Terms.
- After selecting the Key Terms option in the drop-down menu, a list of all configured Key Terms and how many times they were used will show here. Clicking on each term will show you where the term appears in the transcript.
When accessing the report, users will be notified if Bongo is not confident it can accurately analyze the video due to poor video quality or different languages spoken. (Analysis is currently only available for English videos)
If this grade type is selected, the Auto Analysis overall score for the submitted video will be used as the grade and does not require any user with an instructor role to assign the grade. Click here for more information regarding Auto Analysis™ as a grade type.