Instructors: outlines how to set up an Individual Project assignment. Includes details on due dates, grade types, Auto Analysis™ and peer review. To learn more about the Individual Project, see the Individual Project Overview.
There are several ways to navigate to an assignment setup page, which will vary depending on your integration. Once you are on the assignment setup page, follow the instructions below.
Under the general settings section, you will need to:
- Name the Assignment
- Optional: Provide a Due Date. This will serve as a guideline for the learners but will not prevent the learner from submitting once the date has passed. To clear the due date/time, click the "X" button to the right of Due Date. Depending on your LMS, the due dates may be deep linked in the gradebook.
- Select the desired grade type.
Next, you will need to enter text instructions for the assignment.
You will also have the option to include video instructions. If you would like to create video instructions or share an example of the assignment, click on the webcam icon and to record, upload or select a video from your resources.
- Auto Analysis is a feature which uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to analyze and provide metrics for learner's videos. The feature analyzes the delivery of learner videos and can also analyze the content if configured to do so. There are options to disable the feature completely if it is not needed for the specific assignment (e.g. a demonstration video where the learner does not speak), and also an option to hide the overall scores.
- Content evaluation can be enabled by providing a list of Desired Terms for the learner to include in their video. PhraseGen™ is a tool which allows instructors to automatically generate recommended key terms by providing relevant content materials.
- By default, delivery and content scoring are equally weighted in the final score, but the weighting can be customized using the weight slider.
- Terms to Avoid can also be configured in a similar way to Desired Terms. Learners will be notified if they use a term to avoid, but scores will not be affected.
- For more information about Auto Analysis, click here.
If you require peer review, you can determine the number of peer reviews and toggle the button to the right. To customize the peer review experience, view the peer review advanced settings.
For further customization of this assignment, click Show Advanced next to the Save button at the bottom right-hand side. You can customize certain aspects of the assignment - including post-submission instructions, the toolset, and self-assessment - in Advanced Settings.
Article is closed for comments.