Instructors: outlines how to set up a Question & Answer assignment. This article includes information on creating and ordering questions, enabling Auto Analysis, peer review, and accessing advanced settings.
To learn more generally about Q&A, see the Question & Answer Overview. Depending on your organization's membership with Bongo, this may be a premium feature.
There are several ways to navigate to an assignment setup page, which will vary depending on your integration.
To start, you will need to:
- Name the assignment.
If desired, provide a due date/time that will serve as a guideline for the learners, but will not prevent the learner from submitting once the date has passed. To clear the due date/time, click the "X" button to the right of Due Date. Depending on your LMS, the due dates may be deep linked in the grade book.
- Select the Grade Type.
Enter text instructions for the assignment. The character limit is 1,024 characters, including spaces. While not required, it is recommended to include video instructions as well. If you would like to create video instructions or share an example of the assignment, click on the webcam icon and add your video.
To view the workflows for each setup feature, click on the accordion below to expand the instructions.
Next, you will need to add questions to the assignment. Start by navigating to the Questions section and click Add Question.
From here, you will be able to enter a text or video question prompt.
Continue to add questions until all required questions for the assignment are loaded. You can add up to 20 questions.
|To re-order the questions, click, hold, and drag the drag icon on the right-side of the question.|
|Under each question, you can mark the question as active or not. If left disabled, the question will not be included for learners.|
|To delete a question, click the trash can icon.|
If you would like to enable Auto Analysis then make sure the slider is in the active position. If Auto Analysis is enabled, you are able to configure Key Terms for each question either using PhraseGen or just adding them manually. For more information on Auto Analysis click here.
The Q&A assignment can be refined further under Answer Settings.
- Select the desired Recording Mode.
- Microphone cannot be disabled. Learners will always be required to enable their microphone to answer a Q&A question.
- If cameras are enabled, learners will be required to activate a webcam or other camera in order to answer the questions. This option is enabled by default but can be disabled if desired.
- If screenshare is enabled, learners will be required to record their screen as part of answering the Q&A questions. Screenshare for Q&A is not supported on mobile devices.
- Under Delay, the instructor determines how long to allow a delay (in seconds) between the time that the question finishes and the recording begins. The delay allows learners to gather their thoughts before answering the questions.
- Select the Min Record Time and Max Record Time (in seconds) to determine the response parameters
If you require peer review, you can determine the number of peer reviews and toggle the button to the right. To customize the peer review experience, view the peer review advanced settings.