Explains how learners can access and review the Auto Analysis report on a video added to an Individual Assignment. Depending on the organization's membership with Bongo, users may or may not have access to this feature. For instructor specific instructions, click here.
About Auto Analysis
Auto Analysis is an automated reporting feature that provides deeper insight into an individual’s performance and progress. By generating metrics like rate of speech, speech clarity, and use of filler words, Auto Analysis gives the presenter a better sense of what to focus on and helps the evaluator provide more targeted feedback.
- Encourages Repeated Practice—Individuals can view their analysis before submitting an Individual Assignment, giving them a chance to continuously self-assess, practice, and improve.
- Enhances Review Process—Auto Analysis helps evaluators identify potential problem areas faster and provides metrics that can serve as an additional layer of assessment.
- Enables Better Feedback—Evaluators can use data from the auto-generated report to make their feedback more targeted and actionable.
- Builds Critical Skills—The Auto Analysis process helps individuals develop skills like communication and critical thinking that are crucial to lifelong success.
How Auto Analysis Works
- Auto Analysis automatically transcribes videos and analyzes them for rate of speech, speech clarity, and use of filler words. If configured, it can also check them for specific key terms or terms to avoid.
- It compiles this data into an easy-to-read report that learners can use for reflection before they decide to re-record or submit their video.
- These reports contain delivery scores and content scores based on different aspects of the analysis.
To view your Auto Analysis report for your video, start by navigating to the assignment page and click on the Auto Analysis icon located next to the desired video or the Detailed Analysis button after selecting a video. Note: If you do not see the Auto Analysis icon, your instructor may have disabled Auto Analysis for the assignment.
You can also hover over the Auto Analysis icon to view some summary statistics without launching the full report.
After each video has been processed, the transcription/analysis process will automatically take place. This will happen in the background and the video can be viewed and submitted before the analysis is completed if desired. The transcription and analysis typically take the same time as the length of the video to complete. (i.e. A 5-minute video will usually take about 5 minutes to analyze).
When accessing the analysis report, users will be notified if Bongo is not confident it is able to accurately analyze the video due to poor audio quality or speaking a non-supported language.
- You can download a transcript in the form of a text file for the video.
- The individual ratings for each of the delivery metrics - clarity, filler words, and speaking rate, are located above the transcript. The metrics are accompanied by gauges so users can get a quick visualization of where they fall for each metric. A content score is also available if key terms were configured for the assignment.
- Highlighting of key terms, top words and phrases, filler words and unclear words on the transcript are toggled by a drop-down menu.
- Clicking on words in this list will show the user where they appear in the transcript.
- Using the tabs, you can view the tone analysis and tips & feedback if they are available for your video.