Explains how learners can access and review the Auto Analysis™ report on a video added to an Individual Assignment. Depending on the organization's membership with Bongo, users may or may not have access to this feature. For instructor specific instructions, click here.
About Auto Analysis™
Auto Analysis is an automated reporting feature that provides deeper insight into an individual’s performance and progress. By generating metrics like rate of speech, speech clarity, and use of filler words, Auto Analysis gives the presenter a better sense of what to focus on and helps the evaluator provide more targeted feedback.
- Encourages Repeated Practice—Individuals can view their analysis before submitting an Individual Assignment, giving them a chance to continuously self-assess, practice, and improve.
- Enhances Review Process—Auto Analysis helps evaluators identify potential problem areas faster and provides metrics that can serve as an additional layer of assessment.
- Enables Better Feedback—Evaluators can use data from the auto-generated report to make their feedback more targeted and actionable.
- Builds Critical Skills—The Auto Analysis process helps individuals develop skills like communication and critical thinking that are crucial to lifelong success.
How Auto Analysis™ Works
- Auto Analysis™ automatically transcribes all Individual Project videos and analyzes them for rate of speech, speech clarity, and use of filler words.
- It compiles this data into an easy-to-read report that learners can use for reflection before they decide to re-record or submit their video.
- These reports contain delivery scores that evaluators can use for reference in the assessment process.
- Evaluators can also configure an Individual Project to show or hide overall delivery scores.
To view your Auto Analysis™ report for a video added to an Individual Assignment, start by navigating to the assignment page and click on the Auto Analysis™ icon located next to the desired video. Note: If you do not see the Auto Analysis™ icon, your instructor may have disabled Auto Analysis™ for the assignment.
After each video has been processed, the transcription/analysis process will automatically take place. This will happen in the background and the video can be viewed and submitted before the analysis is completed if desired. The transcription and analysis typically take the same time as the length of the video to complete. (i.e. A 5-minute video will usually take about 5 minutes to analyze).
When accessing the analysis report, users will be notified if Bongo is not confident it is able to accurately analyze the video due to poor video quality or different languages spoken. (Analysis is currently only available for English videos)
To access the Auto Analysis™ report on a submitted video, simply click on the Auto Analysis™ icon next to your submitted video. Note: If you do not see the Auto Analysis™ icon, your instructor may have disabled Auto Analysis™ for the assignment.
Click the image below to view larger.
- You can download a transcript in the form of a text file for the video.
- The individual ratings for each of the delivery metrics - clarity, filler words, and speaking rate, are located above the transcript. The metrics are accompanied by gauges so users can get a quick visualization of where they fall for each metric. Numerical scoring can be on or off depending on the configurations set by the instructor.
- Highlighting of top words and phrases, filler words and unclear words on the transcript are toggled by a drop-down menu.
- Clicking on words in this list will show the user where they appear in the transcript. This list does not include stop words, which are small common words such as “the”, “a”, and “and”.
Instructors can set key terms with the desired frequency that they want their learners to use in their video submissions. These key terms are used to generate a content rating that is presented in the Auto Analysis™ report in addition to the delivery ratings.
Click the image below to view larger.
- If Auto Analysis™ scores are enabled, users will see a delivery score, a content score, and a combined score at the top of the report. If scores are disabled, only the gauges will be shown, and no combined numerical scores will be shown.
- If this Content Meter is configured, users will have one more option in the Auto Analysis™ report drop-down for key terms.
- After selecting the Key Terms option in the drop-down menu, a list of all configured key terms and how many times they were used in the video will show here. Clicking on each term will show the user where the term appears in the transcript.