- Depending on your organization, Breakout Rooms may be a premium feature.
- Breakout rooms are only available for instructor-scheduled sessions.
About Breakout Rooms
In Virtual Classroom, instructors can temporarily divide learners into Breakout Rooms - small groups for discussion. Learners can upload presentations, annotate content, and share their desktop. The work in this space will not be saved or recorded.
To initiate Breakout Rooms, click the Actions button in the bottom left corner. Select Breakout Rooms.
- Select the number of breakout rooms you would like to create.
- Indicate the the time limit for the breakout.
- Drag and drop names from the Not Assigned box into each Breakout Room.
- When finished, click Create.
Then, learners receive an invitation to join their assigned Breakout Room.
|Note: if a user joins late you will be able to add them to the breakout room by selecting invite to breakout rooms (pictured below).|
You can monitor Breakout Rooms by clicking the Actions button and selecting Show breakout rooms.
To join a Breakout Room, click Enter Room. The Breakout Room will open a new tab.
If you would like to leave one room and join another, close the Breakout Room tab and repeat the process above.
There is a countdown timer in the Breakout Room. Learners will automatically rejoin the Virtual Classroom when the timer runs out.
|You can also end the Breakout Room session early by clicking the Actions button and selecting Close all breakout rooms (pictured above).|