About Individual Project
In an individual project, learners record or upload a video of themselves presenting on a topic or demonstrating a specific skill. With the screenshare feature, learners can also enhance their project with visual aids.
Here are just a few ideas to get started:
- key skills demonstrations
- presentations with or without visual aids
- general/scalable video submissions
For a preview of Individual Project, view the video below.
To view further information for each feature, click on the accordion below to expand the description. Depending on your institution's membership with Bongo, you may not see all of the listed features.
Prior to adding videos or scheduling meetings, instructors may have the ability to require their learners to respond to reflection questions to help guide their thinking before completing the assignment. To learn more about Reflection Questions, click here.
Learners can add videos in 2 ways:
- Record directly in platform: Learners can record a video within the platform itself. We recommend this option to get the most out of Bongo!
- Upload Video: Learners can upload videos from their device, or from one of the following cloud storage platforms: Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox. Maximum video file size is 20GB. The acceptable formats are: asf, avi, flv, m4v, mov, mp4, m4a, 3gp, 3g2, mj2, wmv, mpg, mpeg, wma, mod, mp3, mts, qt, f4v, m2v, wepm, ogv, mxf, vob. Bongo offers unlimited cloud storage.
Once all video content is added, learners can combine videos into a single video file for submission.
When completing an Individual Project, learners can schedule a meeting within our web-conferencing tool - Virtual Classroom. This tool serves as a meeting space to help learners complete their project.
Within Individual Project, here are a few ways learners can leverage Virtual Classroom:
- business meetings
- roleplay activities
- foreign language conversations
Files and links can also be submitted. Max file size is 100MB. Allowed file types are doc, docx, xls, xlsx, pdf, txt, rtf, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, zip, ppt, pptx
If a learner needs to submit an unsupported file type, the file(s) can be placed into a zip folder to upload.
With Bongo's Auto Analysis™ feature, you can view analysis on every video added to the Work in Progress section before submitting to Individual or Group Assignment, giving you a chance to continuously self-assess, practice, and improve.
To submit, learners first need to move their completed items to the Submission box.
Please note, only one video can be submitted. If there is more than one video, the videos can be combined.
Instructors can customize certain aspects - including the toolset and post-submission instructions - in Advanced Settings.